Rosebud School of the Arts, (aka Rosebud Centre of the Arts) invites applications from professional artists, instructors and administrators interested in working in residence. We currently are accepting applications for both 2016 and 2017.
The Harvey Residency is designed to create mutually beneficial lines of exchange between artists, instructors and administrators who share an interest in themes at the intersection of faith and art.
Each residency will seek to:
- enrich the working and learning life of Rosebud School of the Arts students, staff and the resident company of Rosebud Theatre,
- enable the scholarly atmosphere of the School and Centre by promoting engagement with the creative arts,
Harvey residencies are available to artists, instructors and administrators working in the performing arts (theatre, dance, music), as well as playwrights, visual artists, film-makers, videographers, and masters in the culinary arts.
Residents will be established in their fieldwith significant experience and a recognizable body of work. They must have a strong desire to mentor and work with students, and collaborate with members of the Rosebud School staff, Rosebud Theatre resident company members, guest artists, and members of the local artistic community.
Residents must clearly understand, and agree in writing to enter into a residency partnership with the knowledge that:
- The mission of Rosebud Centre of the Arts is to enrich lives by reflecting God’s gifts of hope, joy, forgiveness and love through the arts.
- The mission of Rosebud School of the Arts is to provide training within a community of Christian and faith-based artists where students are equipped to be catalysts for transformation in our world.
- The mission of Rosebud Theatre is to present live programming that illustrates the beauty and complexity of life through an inclusive and grace-filled perspective while mentoring future generations of artists.
- The mission of Rosebud Mercantile is to provide generous hospitality to our patrons, offer our students mentorship in service to our patrons, and support the endeavors of Rosebud School of the Arts.
Harvey Residents will experience a congenial retreat-like setting with regular opportunities for cross-disciplinary engagement with other artists and students at the centre and, where appropriate, will have opportunities for showcasing their work though public readings, exhibits or performances.
Residents will dedicate a portion of their time in Rosebud to the direct mentorship of RSA students and participate actively in the programs and activities of the Centre including Chapel, staff meetings and retreats.
Residents will be immersed as much as possible in the day-to-day lives and activities of the Centre, the School, and Rosebud Theatre, and predominantly, conduct their professional development work on site.
There is no set minimum or maximum time for a residency.
Equitable remuneration will be negotiated with residents who are selected.
For more information about Rosebud School of the Arts and Rosebud Theatre, please visit our websites:
For more information about this residency, please call or write to:
Adam Furfaro, Executive Director, Rosebud Centre of the Arts
To apply, please send a letter of introduction that clearly explains why you would be interested in this residency program along with a CV outlining all pertinent experience and education in your respective disciple(s) to:
Rosebud School of the Arts
Or, by email to:
Please place HARVEY RESIDENCY in the subject line.
Applications received prior to December 15, 2015 will be considered for 2016 and 2017.
Applications received after December 15, 2015 but before January 31, 2016 will be considered for 2017.
Rosebud School of the Arts is a Charitable Not-For-Profit Organization, Register #10791 3824 RR 0003
Published: 04 November 2015 04 November 2015